From 1 April 2022, Malaysia’s borders will reopen.
Find out what you need to do to be able to travel to Malaysia.
Before departure to Malaysia
- Download and update the MySejahtera app within a week before departing for Malaysia.
- Travellers may refer here for Guidelines to Install and Register MySejahtera.
- Complete the pre-departure form via the “Traveller” icon.
- Travellers with overseas-issued COVID-19 vaccine certificates must verify their digital COVID-19 vaccine certificates on mysafetravel.gov.my
- Foreign travellers are required to purchase COVID-19 medical insurance with minimum value of USD 20,000.
- Fully vaccinated travellers will be issued a “Digital Traveller’s Card” and it will be reflected on their MySejahtera app.
- Travellers aged seven (7) years and above must take RT-PCR test two days before departure to Malaysia and upload the results on MySejahtera.
Within 24 hours upon arrival in Malaysia:
- Passengers aged seven (7) years and above are required to take a professionally administered RTK-Antigen test either at a private health facility or clinics approved by MOH’ s in the within 24 hours.
- The RTK-Ag test results will be displayed in MySejahtera.